Protecting Trade Secrets & Fighting Unfair Competition
At Kenneth I. Gross & Associates, we offer experienced representation in litigation related to trade secrets and unfair competition. Examples include:
- False advertising
- Trademark infringement
- False representation of services or products
- Theft of legally protected intellectual property
- Unauthorized substitution of goods
- Misappropriation of trade secrets
Trade Secrets: Taking Reasonable Steps As An Employer
When company trade secrets are revealed or stolen, an employee or former employee is often to blame. Employees who divulge your company’s valuable trade secrets can be held liable, but only if you take reasonable precautions to protect the information and to warn employees that the information is confidential.
To that end, here are just some of the steps you can take to protect company secrets:
- Require employees to sign non-disclosure agreements
- Require employees to sign confidentiality agreements
- Maintain strict control of any documents on which trade secrets are printed, including paper and electronic documents
- Have adequate security at your company
- Determine if any of your trade secrets are eligible to be patented, and if so, decide whether or not to seek a patent
- Know that some countries do not have laws or policies protecting trade secrets, and limit the information accordingly
Pursuing Trade Secrets Litigation
If an employee or business partner has divulged trade secrets in violation of a confidentiality or non-disclosure agreement, an experienced business law attorney can help you seek financial relief in a civil lawsuit. Even if there was no written agreement, however, you may still be able to pursue compensation under the Uniform Trade Secrets Act.
The lawyers at our firm have extensive experience litigating nearly all matter of business torts, and we are ready to help you protect your business from further damage related to disclosure of trade secrets.
Contact Us To Discuss Your Legal Needs In A Free Initial Consultation
The law offices of Kenneth I. Gross & Associates are based in Los Angeles and Rosemead, California. We proudly serve clients throughout the United States and internationally. To learn more about what our firm can do for you, call us at 213-784-4232, or toll-free at 866-634-2816. You can also send us an email.